Because I don’t already have enough to do, I thought I’d host a contest for Final Fantasy fan-fic writers. I love to see fans hard at work fangasming with creativity, and I love to make GMVs, which I haven’t been making enough of lately. So, I thought I’d combine the two.
How would you like to see one of your stories turned into a short promo-trailer? I can (within reason) make your ideas come to life. I create videos and I can manipulate footage into new scenes – your scenes.
For a sample of such videos check out some of my most popular ones:
And that’s not all. Sometimes I hire on voice actors. If you have a story about Yuna, I have the perfect voice actress. Would you like specific lines from your fan-fiction to be voiced like it’s the real thing? Then I can almost certainly make that happen for you (please note: Zack Fair is the most difficult character to find an actor for, but I can find one if you desperately want lines for him).
A short promo-trailer of YOUR fan-fiction, an old story or a new one.
1) Flash-fiction must be 300 words or less.
2) Create a unique piece based on one of the images below. Please let us know which images your piece is based upon. You can choose up to two images. Your story does not have to involve the characters within the pictures below, they’re meant to be atmospheric prompts more than anything else.
3) Your work must not be anything you’ve published before or part of an existing work. Let’s make this totally organic!
4) Your piece must be about characters from the Final Fantasy universe, but your piece can be an AU.
5) Post your flash-fan-fiction piece as a comment to this blog entry. This makes submitting your entry for us judges to read 100% easy for everyone.
31st of August (recently extended). This is a challenge to get your creative juices flowing – a writing sprint. Flash fiction.
Myself and Tobirion.
Now pick your image and get writing!
Best of luck to all entrants! We will announce the winner as soon as we have decided which is the most outstanding piece. If there are 15 entrants or over, we’ll even choose runner-ups, so spread the word and challenge you friends!
Give it a chance. Who knows? This small challenge may inspire you to write a whole new story…